Job opening: SHEET METAL MECHANIC (SMALL SHOP CHIEF) (TITLE 32)
Salary: $32 - 37 per hour
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SHEET METAL MECHANIC (SMALL SHOP CHIEF) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1073000 and is part of the NC ASO, National Guard (ASO-AASF #2/ Manning Doc 4622-102).
As a SHEET METAL MECHANIC (SMALL SHOP CHIEF), WG-3806-11 you will plan and lay out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed, by yourself and lower graded mechanic(s); perform the full range of shop work; perform in-process, final inspection, and clear status symbols certifying work performed by others in shop; implement safety regulatory requirements; prepare for, and participate in, various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: Enlisted (E5 to E7)
Minimum Requirements: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the ability to plan, manufacture, and install cylindrical, square, or rectangular-shaped objects that have easily constructed fastenings such as single and double-hem edges and single, double or grooved seams.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 18 months Experience or training in planning, layout, and construction skills to manufacture items and systems with dovetailed seams, set-in-bottom seams, burred-bottom seams, or wired or lock seams. Experience using more complicated shop tools and equipment. Experience in using metals including stainless steel, copper sheet, magnesium, honeycomb material and alloys. Experience demonstrating the use of more complicated mathematical calculations and complicated measuring instruments.
- Address NC ASO
1636 Goldstar Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Name: Mr. Joel Martin
- Phone: (984) 661-6523
- Email: [email protected]