Job opening: FUEL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM WORKER TRAINEE
Salary: $24 - 28 per hour
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Fuel Distribution System Worker Trainee of NAVSUP FLC PUGET SOUND.
You will assist higher graded employees who will provide specific instruction on work to be performed.
You will be expected to adhere to training requirements necessary to perform job duties.
At the full performance level WG-06, you will deliver oil to government facilities and ships.
At the full performance level WG-06, you will perform operator maintenance on fuel equipment.
At the full performance level WG-06, you will measure fuel quantities received, sold, stored and transferred utilizing fuel related equipment such as tanks, trucks or ships.
At the full performance level WG-06, you will fuel and de-fuel tanker trucks, aircrafts, or navy combat ships.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current Forklift Operator's license.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- The time and expense of obtaining the Class A CDL will be covered by FLCPS in accordance with terms set in a Continuing Service Agreement (CSA).
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid Class A Commercial Driver's License within a timeframe established by FLCPS.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: willingness to perform simple tasks, including manual labor, and follow directions, under close supervision and to develop your skills through a training program
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
There is no education requirement or substitution for this position.
- Address NAVSUP FLC PUGET SOUND
467 W Street
Bremerton, WA 98314
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]