Job opening: FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Salary: $19 - 22 per hour
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to work in an institutional high-volume food production facility, preparing items for recipes on upcoming meals. Prepares for meals; stocks refrigerated carets with prepared items for recipe, assist cooks in menu item production. Cleans, and maintains cold food storage refrigerators.
Assists cooks in food preparation by weighing measuring and assembling ingredients.
Food Service Worker: Performs waiter duties as required by dynamic and changing workload; setting/bussing tables, sanitizing equipment, placing condiment on serving tables, removing trash and recycled material from tables to appropriate location.
Sanitizes, operates, maintains, and cleans tools, equipment in kitchen and dining areas. Regularly attends weekly safety meeting as prescribed by management and established policies.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service. See Legal and Regulatory Guide
- A security clearance may be required
- This position will be open until 31 Dec 2023. The first certificate will be issued on 8 Sept 2023, and then certificates will be issued to the organization as needed.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required. Emergency overtime will be required during inclement weather days.
- Employee maybe detailed to other areas or duties, as mission requires. If detailed to a position that requires licensure, must have or be able to obtain required license(s).
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Employee maybe detailed to other areas, and or duties as mission requires. If detailed to a position that requires licensure must have or be able to obtain required
- Position is mission essential and will be required to work rotating shifts and uncommon tours of duty depending on mission requirements.
- A physical is required
- Will be required to attend Quality Improvement Training and to participate in section Quality Improvement Teams and data collection efforts.
- The work requires the employee to possess a Food Handler's Training Certification and use/wear appropriate uniform, safety, and sanitation equipment.
- May be eligible for up to $5000 recruitment bonus
- A security clearance may be required
QUALIFICATION: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-7400 Food Preparation And Serving Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Ability to do the work of a Food Service Worker without more than normal supervision (screen out element).
Knowledge of work and technical practices such as special procedures in preparing food from standardized recipes for regular and modified menus, food terminology, and serving information.
Ability to interpret instructions in order to organize food service-related work with several steps in a logical sequence, execute quickly and accurately, to meet strict meal schedules.
Ability to use and maintain tools, knowledge of materials and equipment such as operating, breaking down, cleaning, and maintenance of kitchen tools and food service equipment such as knives, mechanical dishwasher, and powered cleaning equipment.
Knowledge of dexterity and safety such as food service sanitation standards including procedures to prevent contamination, spoilage, and waste.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Performs work-requiring moderate to heavy physical effort. Employee is subject to continuous standing and walking, and frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending. Both legs are required; and ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. May be required to work on ladders and use powered cleaning equipment. Employee lifts or moves objects weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted and occasionally lifts or moves objects weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance of lifting devices or other workers.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in areas where the steam and heat from cooking often cause uncomfortably high temperatures and humidity. Excessive noise, intermittent: constant noise; solvents (degreasing agents); slippery or uneven walking surface; working around machinery with moving parts; working around moving objects. The work area is well lighted and there is danger of slipping on floors where food or beverages have been spilled. Subject to minor cuts, bruises, burns, and scalds. Employee is regularly exposed to hot liquids, sharp cutting blades, hot working surfaces, and extreme temperature changes when entering walk-in refrigerators or freezers.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Address USAF Academy
5136 Eagle Drive
USAF Academy, CO 80840
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]