Job opening: Forest Supervisor
Salary: $116 393 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position serves as the Forest Supervisor on the Lincoln National Forest. The incumbent is responsible for the management, protection, and development of the Forest resources.
For additional information about the duties of this position, contact Sherri Schwenke at sh[email protected]
or James Duran at [email protected]
Implements agency policy, navigating dynamic tensions and complex political, human and social factors, while also addressing the appropriate public use of forests/grasslands and associated lands of the Forest.
Selects and promulgates preferred management actions based upon the Forest's land management planning activities.
Meets with members of Congress, State and local representatives, concerned citizens, and industrial and public interest groups to gain input into the Forest's planning process.
Performs supervisory duties more than 25% of the time, including establishing and communicating guidelines and performance requirements to employees, conducting formal performance reviews, and establishing production or quality standards.
Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Selectee is subject to financial disclosure requirements and must submit form OGE-450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, within 30 days of appointment and annually thereafter.
- Subject to one-year supervisory probationary period (unless prior service is creditable). New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required new supervisory training program before the end of their probationary period.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's General Schedule Qualification Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements.
Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level. Specialized experience is defined as two or more of the following: providing counsel to higher organizational levels concerning program issues and their current and anticipated effects; and/or exercising direct program responsibilities that included program development, planning, budgeting, and identifying workforce and organizational needs to establish and meet priorities; and/or developing and sustaining relationships with one or more of the following: external partners, members of the public, or representatives of agencies or tribal governments to anticipate and resolve conflicts and issues.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There are no educational requirements for this position.
- Address USDA Forest Service HRM Contact Center
DO NOT MAIL IN APPLICATIONS, SEE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
Albuquerque, NM 87109
- Name: HRM Contact Center
- Phone: 1-877-372-7248 X2
- Email: [email protected]