Job opening: INSPECTOR GENERAL SPECIALIST
Salary: $95 905 - 124 677 per year
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is, as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) officer, directly responsible to the Unit Commander to manage the Commander's Inspection Program (CCIP) for the wing/group. Serves as the unit point of contact for the coordination and execution of the Unit Effectiveness Inspection (UEI). Responsible for integrating supporting inspection/events into unit activities.
Directly responsible to the Unit Commander to manage the Commander's Inspection Program (CCIP) for the wing/group.
Manages the Unit Effectiveness Inspection Program. Oversees, plans and executes Unit Effectiveness Inspection program. Monitors the progress of continuous evaluation of subordinate units.
Plans, schedules, and executes inspections and exercises. Develops, plans, executes, and controls inspections and exercises to accurately assess unit effectiveness and readiness.
Leads/trains/manages Wing Inspection Team (WIT). Serves as WIT Chief. Ensures WIT personnel are properly selected and trained.
Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning, advanced technologies and support system concepts.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities less than 25% of the time.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- This position is centrally managed by the Special Investigations Career Field team. Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Preferred Military Air Force Specialty Code 087I0 and grade - O5/Lt Colonel
- Position may require incumbent to Fly in military and/or commercial aircraft in the performance of temporary duty (TDY) assignments.
- Required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities
- Position will require a background security investigation to determine suitability for employment and Top Secret a security clearance. Must be able to obtain and retain a Top-Secret security clearance.
- Male must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- This position is designated as a mobility position. The incumbent must be willing to move/transfer to another unit /location on a lateral or promotion basis as directed by HQ AFRC.
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing.
- Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance Series, 1801
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes the performance of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of critical organization plans and programs such as mission and important operations, assessment training, movement, assembly, budgeting, exercise planning, legal, synchronicity, or similar operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Knowledge of inspection and exercise planning, inspection criteria, movement and employment processes and a mastery of, and skill in applying laws and regulation to inspection and compliance work.
Knowledge of the mission, organization, programs, and functions of the organization and a thorough understanding of their relationship to the respective organization's systems.
Skill and ability in oral and written communications to prepare and deliver briefings, lead discussions, motivate personnel, conduct workshops and seminars and prepare project and staff reports.
Knowledge (expert) of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to analyze, review, and assess organizational effectiveness with the ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
Skill in identifying and analyzing compliance issues and developing expert technical advice and making expert recommendations to resolve substantive issues.
Knowledge of interrelationship of data gathered from an array of offices with different missions in developing measurements to improve organizational effectiveness.
Other significant facts
This is an AFRC key management position in which the incumbent is required to formulate, determine or influence policies of the assigned units.
As necessary, to meet special or essential unscheduled activities, may be required to work an uncommon tour of duty with brief advance notice.
The incumbent may be required to fly in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments (TDY).
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address March ARB
1351 Graeber Street
March ARB, CA 92518
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]