Job opening: Administrative Officer
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Click here for more information.
This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Superintendent, Mescalero Agency in Mescalero, New Mexico.
This position provides direction and expert technical advice to the Superintendent and program managers on administrative processes and decisions.
Serve as Administrative Manager to oversee administrative business processes which include procurement, personnel management, property, and supply, and implement annual goals and objective of the Superintendent.
Serve as principle advisor to all agency program managers on budget formulation, tribal shares, budget execution tools for tracking, manage TPA funds transactions and financial analysis on all agency Indian managed programs.
Serve as Awarding Official's Technical Representative on P.L. 93-638 contracts for Consolidated Tribal Government Program (CTGP), Aid-to-Tribal Government Programs, and Tribal Courts.
Review all Tribal contract proposals includes budgets and scope of work are in accordance with the intent of federal program funds, all proposals are addressed in accordance with Public Law 93-638 policies as amended.
Ensure agency programs are adhering the OMB A123 self-assessments, perform random audits on expenditures of program funds and are obligated in accordance the intended appropriation language.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Indian Preference applies
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
- You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- Incumbent may be required as an incidental duty to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle. If selected, you will be required to complete an Incidental Motor Vehicle Operator's Certification Form.
- Incumbent will be required to file an OGE-450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report Form in accordance with 5 CFR Part 2634, Subpart I.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: (OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for Administrative and Management Positions GS-0341.)
GS-12: Qualifying is one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience are: assist performing organizational and manpower utilization analysis to identify and recommend improvements of manpower and methods; advise program manager in developing and formulating budget estimates and justifications; provide personnel management service involving technical and procedural aspects of staffing, training, development, management-employee relations, labor relations, classification, and position management; aid in planning, coordinating and carrying out property and supply management functions; communicate and execute policies and plans; provide technical and administrative guidance to employees; assist in ensuring contract proposals include budgets and scope of work.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (title 25, USC Section 472).
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur in the same location within 90 days from the closing date.
There is no education requirement for this position.
- Address BIA Center for Recruitment Albuquerque
BIA Center for Recruitment Albuquerque
1011 Indian School Road, NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
- Name: Deborah Abeita
- Phone: (505) 563-5123
- Email: [email protected]