Over 1 Million Paying Vacancies Available. Discover Your Dream Vacancy with Us!

Are you looking for a Park Ranger? We suggest you consider a direct vacancy at U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in Aransas County. The page displays the terms, salary level, and employer contacts U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service person

Job opening: Park Ranger

Salary: $37 890 - 61 016 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position will be filled under the Office of Personnel Management's Direct Hire Authority for COLLEGE GRADUATES and is open to all United States citizens and U.S. nationals. Veteran's preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply. All qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration for this position. College Graduate appointments are permanent competitive service appointments.


As a Park Ranger your duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:


  • Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
  • Eligibility and Supporting documents - You will ONLY be considered for the eligibilities that you select "yes" to AND submit the required supporting documentation, as listed in the Required Documents section.
  • Suitability for employment, as determined by background investigation
  • May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
  • Valid state issued driver's license MAY be required
  • Official U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service uniform MAY be required.
  • Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered for Selective Service


Only experience and education obtained by 08/18/2023 will be considered. All applicants must have received a bachelors or advanced degree within the previous two years or two years from the date of an individual's discharge or release from the uniformed services. In order to qualify for this position you must possess the Minimum Qualification. Minimum Qualification [GS-05] One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade-level in the Federal service. Experience may include: park guide or tour leader; law enforcement or investigative work; archeological or historical preservation research work; forestry and/or fire management work in a park, recreation, or conservation area. NOTE: Your resume must contain sufficient detail, e.g., begin/end dates, hours worked per week, duties performed, etc. for each timeframe for consideration. OR Completion of a 4-year course of study above high school leading to a bachelor's degree with 24 semester hours of related course work relevant to the position. OR A combination of education and experience as described in 1 and 2 above which together equals 100% of the requirement. Minimum Qualification [GS-07] One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 grade-level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include: 1) assisting in the development or revision of educational or interpretive programs and educational or interpretive materials (pamphlets, exhibits, signs, etc.); 2) presenting interpretive programs such as orientation talks, environmental education programs, walks, or demonstrations; 3) training, or coordination of volunteers in a natural resource setting; 4) working with community organizations, visitors, the media, or other interest groups to provide natural resource information and answer questions. NOTE: Your resume must contain sufficient detail, e.g., begin/end dates, hours worked per week, duties performed, etc. for each timeframe for consideration. OR One year (18 semesters or equivalent) of graduate level education in a discipline related to the position. OR Successful completion of a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in a field of study that demonstrates the competencies required by this position with either (1) a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale; (2) a 3.5 GPA based on a 4.0 scale for all required courses completed in a qualifying major field of study at either the time of application or during the last two years of your undergraduate curriculum; (3) class standing of upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or a major subdivision of the college; or, (4) membership in a National Scholastic Honor Society certified by the Association of College Honor Societies, excluding freshman honor societies. OR A combination of education and experience as described in 1 and 2 above which together equals 100% of the requirement. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. May be selected at any grade level advertised with non-competitive promotion potential to the target grade. Non-competitive promotion to the target grade is based on time-in-grade requirements and demonstrated ability to perform the higher graded duties.


PROOF OF EDUCATION: All applicants must submit copies of official or unofficial transcripts which include grades, credit hours earned, major(s), grade point average or class ranking, institution name, and student name. If any required coursework is not easily recognizable on transcripts, or if you believe a portion of a particular course can be credited toward meeting an educational requirement, you must also provide a memorandum on letterhead from the institution's registrar, dean, or other appropriate official stating the percentage of the course that should be considered to meet the requirement and the equivalent number of units. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, if you are selected for the position, you will be required to produce the original official transcripts.

PASS/FAIL COURSES: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.

GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.

FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html


  • Address Division of Human Resources Division of Human Resources 500 Gold Avenue, SW Room 5222 Albuquerque, NM 87103 US
  • Name: Human Resources Staffing Division
  • Phone: 833-512-0482
  • Email: [email protected]