Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES ASST (MILITARY/OA)
Salary: $43 803 - 56 941 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY/OA) in the MANPOWER/PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT (N1) at NRC PHOENIX.
You will maintain Enlisted Service Records, Pay and Personnel references, Reserve pay transactions, and Inactive Duty Training (IDT) billet management.
You will maintain and enter new data in Enlisted Service records.
You will track and monitor receipt of service record, and verify record upon receipt.
You will gain personnel to new reserve units, transfer personnel, and prepare personnel for Retirement/Fleet Reserve.
You will prepare military personnel loss transactions.
You will administer the Navy?s Enlisted Advancement System.
You will maintain data concerning the officer/enlisted allowance, civilian ceiling points, Navy Manning Plan, and daily onboard count of officer/enlisted/civilian by rank/rate/GS level.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification determination.
- Work requires the employee to successfully complete a two-week Reserve Personnel and Pay Management course within six months of employment.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Experience using computer based programs such as the Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS), Career Management System (CMS), and Microsoft Office Products (Word, EXCEL, and ACCESS) to enter personnel data. Experience utilizing personnel regulations. Experience reviewing personnel records for accuracy and completeness. Experience preparing personnel reports. Experience processing personnel separations and transfers.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NRC PHOENIX
Phoenix, AZ 85009
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]