Job opening: Security Guard
Salary: $42 638 - 55 426 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position:
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Domestic Defense Industrial Base (DIB) & Major Range and Test Facilities Base (MRTFB) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Veterans preference does not apply when selecting individuals under Direct Hire Authority.
This is an open continuous announcement. The first cutoff will be August 28th, 2023. Additional cutoffs will be done as needed.
As a Security Guard, you will be responsible for the following:
Perform installation access, usage of physical access control equipment and visitor access on military installations.
Safeguard Government personnel, information, operations, and critical assets in accordance with a wide variety of Federal rules and agency/local regulations/policies.
Operate the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminal in accordance with (IAW) federal and state law.
Conduct foot or vehicle patrol of perimeter and roadways.
Conduct traffic stops at the Installation Access Control Point (IACP) for safety and security checks.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires employee to obtain and maintain a T3 level security clearance.
- This position requires employee to obtain and sustain state certification for operating the NCIC terminals.
- IAW AR 190-56, requirements of Individual Reliability Program apply.
- IAW AR 600-85, a DA Form 5019 Condition of Employment must be assigned for mandatory drug testing. This is a Drug Testing designated position. Individual agrees to submit to a urinalysis on a recurring basis, in accordance with AR 600-85.
- Shift work is required, or a change in work shift may be necessary.
- Hours of work encompass fluctuating tours of duty to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Overtime may be required as directed and is subject to recall for periods of emergency overtime.
- This position requires employee to be proficient in the use of assigned firearms/weapons, pass an initial
qualification, and must qualify semi-annually thereafter in the use of assigned firearms/weapons.
- Must meet the requirements under the Lautenberg Amendment/Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This position requires employee to undergo and pass annual medical exams of physical, emotional and mental stability.
- This position requires employee to successfully complete security guard training.
- This position requires employee to successfully complete CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Employee to may be required to wear chemical protection masks, gloves, and other protective equipment, and may be required to be certified in the use of aerosol irritants and baton.
- This position requires employee to pass entry level and annual re-certification of standard Army physical fitness/agility test. May lift and carry items that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- This position requires employee to possess and maintain a valid driver?s license. Must be fully qualified to operate a government vehicle.
- This position requires employee to wear prescribed uniform
- Employee must obtain and maintain applicable certifications in operating various electronic equipment and sensors.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled such as: Provide protective service work (e.g inspect containers, person property, vehicles) in guarding Federally owned or leased buildings and property from hazards such as trespass, theft, fire, and accidental or willful damage and destruction; Control instillation (building) access to restricted areas by validating entry/authenticates identification through the use of identification cards, badges, or access control systems; protect and prevent loss of materials or processes which are important for national defense, for public health or safety, or as national treasures.
The definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address BG-APF-W6B9AA USAG ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL
DO NOT MAIL
Rock Island, IL 61299
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk