Job opening: SUPERVISORY HOUSING MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $69 107 - 89 835 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY HOUSING MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in the Family Housing Office of NVSUPPACTMID SOUTH.
You will direct the work of four or more Housing office employees planning, developing, scheduling, implementing, and over technical oversight for PPV housing.
You will develop, implement, and monitor installation family housing policies, programs, procedures, financial management, field operations, PPV oversight, and other management programs pertaining to the overall operation of family housing services.
You will review current expenditures for housing operations and maintenance functions, estimate costs, and develop recommendations for housing program resources.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to possess and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings and/or training.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Providing technical oversight of the installation Family Housing Services functions for Public Private Venture (PPV) property management functions; 2) Planning work assignments and making adjustments to meet substantial changes in workload, work priorities, and deadlines; 3) Working with the Housing Installation Program Manager (HIPM) to develop and implement short-range and long-range plans for construction; 4) Providing advice, council, and instructions for Public Private Venture (PPV) housing; 5) Determining requirements and managing all resources used in support of assigned housing facilities and infrastructure, including personnel, facilities, funds, and materials. (NOTE: Your answer must be supported by information in your resume.).
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Successful completion of Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
Successful completion of 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
Possession of LL.M., if related
A combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience
- Address NVSUPPACTMID SOUTH
Commander Navy Installation
Great Lakes, IL 60088
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]