Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (TITLE 5)
Salary: $57 118 - 74 250 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HR SPEC (MIL), Position Description Number NGT5910700 and is part of the Army National Guard.
This vacancy is covered by Association of Civilian Technicians (ACT), Chapter 103 (Volunteer Chapter).
As an HR SPEC (MIL), GS-0201-09, you will perform routine personnel management functions in assigned areas. Respond to requests for information. Perform limited research and analysis of applicable laws, regulations, policy, etc. and prepares summaries and recommendations for action. As assigned, performs designated segments of more complex personnel assignments of higher-graded specialists. Advise management, employees, and/or the public on personnel related matters. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Prior to Title 5 Excepted Service appointment, an applicant must have a current completed/cleared drug test.
- Prior to Title 5 Excepted Service appointment, must possess and provide a valid federal government- issued identification card as required to validate citizenship.
- Must possess or be able to obtain the proper clearance type and level within one year of appointment according to DoD Personnel Security Program Management Directives.
- As a basis of continued Title 5 Excepted Service employment/appointment to a GS-0201 position, the employee must complete all Human Resources Program education and training.
- Subject to adverse actions, to include reassignment to a lower-grade, without pay or grade retention, and/or separation from federal service, if he or she fails to complete the Human Resources Program education and certification requirements.
- Title 5 Excepted Service employment/appointment to the GS-0201 position, the employee must have and maintain a current Network License according to Army or Air Force Directives, Licensing Network Users and Certifying Network Professionals.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- This position is designated as Essential Personnel and may be subject to duty in preparation for, or in response to, a state emergency or disaster declaration.
- Acceptance of a Federal position may terminate Tricare Reserve Select eligibility
- Applicant must complete a Baseline Pre-Placement Screening for General Schedule positions within 30 days of appointment.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experiences in administrative positions that manage, supervise, administer, advise on, or deliver human resources management products or services.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have 24 months specialized experience of training or at least one year of specialized experiences at the GS-07 level or the equivalent which provided a basic working knowledge of National Guard missions, organizations, and personnel programs? Must have a basic knowledge and experiences of personnel programs gained in a classroom or as an on-the-job trainee. Have knowledge-based competency of human resources elements and can discuss terminology, concepts, principles, and issues related to this competency. Experienced in using references and resource materials and experienced in program functions such as, maintaining personnel records, counseling, or classification and assignments. Experiences may include performing personnel functions associated with preparing and maintaining position descriptions and manual records, personnel classification or usage, quality force management, managing personnel records and researching record data. Experienced in operating a computer and using varied computer programs. Experience in human resources programs related to Career Enhancements, Customer Service, Employments, Relocations, and/or Readiness.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: NONE
- Address TN ARMY
3041 Sidco Dr
Nashville, TN 37204
- Name: Melody Stephens
- Phone: 615-313-0654
- Email: [email protected]