Job opening: SUPV IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN)
Salary: $98 496 - 128 043 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPV IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN), Position Description Number NGT5234000 and is part of the TN ARMY National Guard.
This vacancy is not eligible for membership to a labor organization.
As an SUPV IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN), GS-2210-13, you will plan, organize, and direct the activities of the organization, ensuring that the advice and assistance provided complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs. Exercise supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Represent the organization with a variety of state and functional area organizations. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance. However, TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with eligibility for access to Sensitive compartmented Information (SCI) may be required based on the highest classification level in the state.
- This is an Information Security Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in Information Assurance Management (IAM-II) within 6 months or less of appointment to this position.
- Incumbent must complete appropriate training and obtain required certifications IAW DoDI 8140, DOD 8570.01M or applicable governing document(s) for Cyber workforce as an IA Technician Level.
- This position is designated as Essential Personnel and may be subject to duty in preparation for, or in response to, a state emergency or disaster declaration.
- Irregular and overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies.
- The incumbent of this position description must have at a minimum, a completed National Agency Check (NAC) prior to position assignment.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver?s license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
- Applicant must complete a Baseline Pre-Placement Screening for General Schedule positions within 30 days of appointment.
- Acceptance of a Federal position may terminate Tricare Reserve Select eligibility.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months or 1-year equivalent at the next lower grade, experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
Education Requirement: None
Substitution of Education to qualify for this position is not available.
- Address TN ARMY
3041 Sidco Dr
Nashville, TN 37204
- Name: Melody Stephens
- Phone: 615-313-0654
- Email: [email protected]