Job opening: IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) (TITLE 5)
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) (TITLE 5), Position Description Number NGT5895000 and is part of the TN 134th ARW, National Guard.
This vacancy is covered by Association of Civilian Technicians (ACT), Chapter 114 (Smoky Mountain Chapter)
As an IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) GS-2210-12 (TITLE 5) you will serve as a technical expert and focal point for Information Technology (IT) security and information assurance policies, planning, programs, initiatives, certification and accreditation. Evaluate and assess vulnerabilities of classified network and application server hardware, operating system software, and peripheral network equipment such as routers, bridges, switches, attached cabling system, network interface cards, modems, multiplexers, and concentrators. Review national, DOD and other policies, program proposals, operational and strategic plans, and identifies issues requiring tier two actions or inputs. Analyze equipment and software reliability and suitability for vulnerability assessment utilization. Determine, develop, and ensure cooperation and coordination with related IA/CND program efforts. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must possess a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI prior to appointment.
- Position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment.
- You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- This is an Information Security Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in Information Assurance Technician (IAT-11) within 6 months or less of appointment to this position.
- Certification requirements may be found in DoD 8570.01-M Information Security Workforce Improvement Program.
- May be required to travel by car, in military and/or commercial aircraft, and by other means of transportation as appropriate, to perform temporary duty assignments.
- Irregular and overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies.
- Position is designated as OM-ADM-001 within the Defense Cybersecurity Workforce as guided by NIST SP 800-181, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
- position is designated as Essential Personnel and may be subject to duty in preparation for, or in response to, a state emergency or disaster declaration.
- This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP). The employee is subject to random drug testing. Pre?employment drug testing and participation in random drug testing is a condition of employment.
- Applicant must complete a Baseline Pre-Placement Screening for General Schedule positions within 30 days of appointment.
- Acceptance of a Federal position may terminate Tricare Reserve Select eligibility.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
Education Requirement: None
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
- Address TN 134th ARW
134 BRISCOE DRIVE
ALCOA, TN 37777
- Name: THEODORE REGAN
- Phone: (615) 313-0606
- Email: [email protected]