Job opening: SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32)
Salary: $28 - 33 per hour
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1194000 and is part of the NC G4, National Guard (G4-FMS #13/ MD 5223-025).
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, WG-5801-10, you will troubleshoot, perform maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, automotive vehicles; troubleshoot, repairs/overhauls major systems to include internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic, heavy duty drive line systems, hydraulic utility systems, controls; perform work in accordance with modification work orders, technical manuals, lubrication orders, maintenance bulletins, regulations or management policies; troubleshoot equipment; diagnose cause of mechanical failures by means of visual/auditory checks and/or use test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, computer diagnostic tools; remove/disassemble engines/major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, fuel, hydraulic, oil pressure systems; make adjustments/ repairs to electrical/suspension systems; perform repairs, maintenance functions in remote locations by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, replacing defective parts of components and systems such as injectors, leaking wheel cylinders, corroded mufflers, fuel tanks, brake cylinders, worn brake shoes; provide technical guidance, specialized team leadership to lower grade employees within the team; assist lower grade mechanics in performing major repair work; assist higher graded mechanics in repairing interconnected systems such as electrical, air/hydraulic systems, complex state of the art electrical and electronic systems that use specialized diagnostic equipment to identify problems, complex fuel injection systems; similar complex systems; perform operational inspections ensures vehicles/equipment are properly serviced, including brake adjustments, replacing hydraulic fluids, greasing, cleaning, and performs other preventive maintenance operations as required; inspect in-process repair work of lower graded repairer to ensure equipment is being repaired in accordance with requirements; maintain/repair electronics communication equipment by removing/ replacing components/elements; assist in the maintenance of production reports and records, make recommendations to supervisor as to adjustments necessary to effectively, efficiently and economically accomplish the work and maximize production. Performs other duties as assigned
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: Enlisted (E8 and below)
Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: (18 months) Experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
- Address NC G4
1636 Gold Star Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Name: CSM Richard Huff
- Phone: 984-661-0360
- Email: [email protected]