Job opening: Logistics Management Specialist
Salary: $76 148 - 98 989 per year
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a military technician position with the 200th Military Police Command, 300th Military Police Brigade, Inkster, MI.
Description of the working environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
This position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs.html.
Serve as a Logistics Management Specialist in an Army Reserve Brigade or equivalent sized unit.
Provide coordinated logistical guidance and policies to subordinate units regarding logistical operations.
Utilize current logistical systems to allocate and monitor funding requirements for logistical operations.
Advise on logistics status and logistical support to achieve and maintain effective operational readiness status.
Analyze maintenance policies and regulatory requirements to increase level of unit readiness.
Maintain liaison with higher headquarters, U.S. Army Reserve Command (USARC) staff, and other Army Reserve (AR) Commands to ensure effective logistical support.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AS A SOLDIER IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR).
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience which includes managing logistical programs to ensure full utilization of resources; developing plans to integrate logistical support of operations in the areas of supply, service, maintenance, transportation, and/or food service; conducting staff assistance visits and inspections to subordinate units; providing reports to higher echelons of command; utilizing current logistics and financial systems to monitor, input, and track supplies, equipment, and status of funds; and developing budget data to support supply, services, maintenance, transportation or food service funding requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify.
1) Qualifying based on education alone: Education may be substituted for specialized experience with a Ph.D (or equivalent graduate degree), 3 full years (54 semester hours) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M (if related).
2) Qualifying based on a combination of education and specialized experience: A combination of education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of 11 qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 1 year (18 semester hours) by 18. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of graduate education is equivalent to 18 semester hours.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Computer ResourcesCustomer ServiceOral CommunicationProblem SolvingSupply Support
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address DE-APF-W6UBAA FTS, 200TH MP CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk