Job opening: Medical Equipment Repairer
Salary: $32 - 37 per hour
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located in the Biomedical Repair Division, Materiel Management Department, Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, NC. This position is responsible for issues regarding the procurement, installation, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, overhaul, repair and testing of medical radiographic imaging systems assigned to the hospital and outlying clinics. This position will also manage maintenance contracts for radiographic and nuclear medicine equipment.
Conduct preventative maintenance inspections of x-rays and radiographic equipment.
Test functionality of medical equipment after repairs have been completed.
Manage maintenance contracts with manufacturers and other third parties.
Determine repairs necessary for proper function of radiographic equipment.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
- This position requires heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Medical Equipment Repairer ~ without more than normal supervision. I have the ability to perform the most difficult and complex tasks on radiographic equipment including installing, repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting various types of equipment such as x-ray systems, defibrillators, and electrocardiographs. I am able to analyze wiring systems and electrical components of radiographic equipment. I am skilled in installing radiographic and fluoroscopic x-ray systems with assorted power supplies; repairing mechanical equipment such as x-ray and surgical tables; conducting preventative maintenance of x-ray equipment. I can utilize diagnostic tools such as voltage analyzers, frequency counters and ammeters to determine proper equipment functionality. I am considered an expert and work with a high degree of independence. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Ability to Do the Work of the Position without More Than Normal SupervisionAbility to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (Includes Blueprint Reading)Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and EquipmentKnowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, and Repair, etc.Technical Practices (Theoretical, Precise, Artistic)Troubleshooting
Physical Effort: Primarily moderate work with occasional heavy work of short duration in cramped or awkward positions. May be required to climb ladders, Good vision, normal color perception, and hearing are required.
Working Environment: Electric shocks and burns, cuts, exposure to x-ray radiation, Occasional exposure to contagious diseases from handling equipment used in rooms of contagious patients, potential for sticks from sharps or needles, ultra-violet rays and high voltage currents is possible. Work is performed both inside and outside, normally under favorable conditions.
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DX DHA NC COAST MKT-LEJEUNE
DO NOT MAIL
Camp Lejeune, NC 28547
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk
- Email: [email protected]