Job opening: WOODWORKER
Salary: $24 - 31 per hour
Published at: Aug 12 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies through the Certain Competitive Service / Modified Direct Hire Authority
. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will manufacture proper shipping containers, fitting blocking, bracing, cradles, or other dunnage, to provide proper support and protection for material and equipment
You will use woodworking tools and equipment
You will measure and cut wood, wood substitutes, and wood composite material
You will determine appropriate method of packaging
You will pack various types of material and equipment in shipping containers, special boxes, and crates. You will install interior fixtures and padding to cushion materials
You will use, modify, or develop drawings and specifications to safely package odd or unusual shaped material and equipment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain eligibility for a security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
- You will be required to travel up to 25%
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Forklift Operator License
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States drivers license.
- Recall to duty may be a requirement of this position and member may be required to be available on-call to deal with security/operational issues that may arise. Overtime and/or emergency overtime may be required
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- You ?may? be coded as ?key? and as such may be required be removed from their military recall status. A signed statement of understanding required.
- Work is performed both outside and inside warehouse and/or other partly enclosed areas which are subject to all types of weather conditions including cold, damp, dusty, and hot
Your resume must also demonstrate the ability to perform the work of WG-08 Woodworker as demonstrated by experience under normal supervision planning, constructing and repairing custom and standardized shipping and storage containers of various shapes and sizes; documenting shipping and storage of materials; packing materials and equipment using appropriate materials; performing the blocking and bracing of materials; making and placing supports to prevent shifting during transit or storage; securing items for transport; using hand tools and handheld power tools; planning construction details based on past work and making minor changes in plans or patterns, as needed.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
There is no educational substitute for experience in this series.
- Address NAVSUP FLEET LOGISTICS CENTER NORFOLK
1968 Gilbert Street Suite 600
Norfolk, VA 23511-2293
- Name: Jory Eissinger
- Phone: 757-443-0012
- Email: [email protected]