Job opening: SUPERVISORY OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH SPECIALIST
Salary: $92 123 - 142 408 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH SPECIALIST in the SAFETY DEPARTMENT of STRATEGIC WEAPONS FACILITY PACIFIC.
You will supervise, manage and/or operate a safety and occupational health program that authorizes the formulation, determination, or the influence of policies for the component.
You will develop programs and administer, probe, analyze program effectiveness, and the recommend new, specialized safety and occupational health procedures to eliminate or control high risk, unconventional, hazards in health research activities.
You will provide solutions to hazardous operational and research problems to program managers and agency safety and occupational health specialists.
You will conduct safety and occupational health inspections and surveys.
You will establish guidelines and criteria to control or eliminate serious hazards in the workplace.
You will plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work.
You will coordinate with subject matter specialist such as facility and production engineers, medical, fire prevention, security, procurement, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the NH-2 (GS-11 equivalent) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: planning, organizing, directing, operating and evaluating a safety and occupational health program for an entire agency.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address STRATEGIC WEAPONS FACILITY PACIFIC
6401 Skipjack Circle
Silverdale, WA 98315
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]