Job opening: TOOL AND PARTS ATTENDANT
Salary: $24 - 28 per hour
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility.
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Warrant Officer (CW2 and Below), and Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Identifies user's tools, parts, equipment, and requirements and requisitions stock as needed. Watches and reports items that are in short supply because of breakage or because they are frequently out for repair. Recommends possible substitute or interchangeable items. Sets up and maintains storage locations. Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering such factors as temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, space available, and convenience of handling items. Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received, stored, and issued.
2. Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records maintained in the tools and parts room. Compiles reports of use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
3. Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks, taking measurements with such devices as calipers, and receiving reports from users on the nature and extent of damage to tools and equipment. May make minor repairs to tools and equipment, determine when damaged and inoperative items are too costly to repair, and report damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors.
4. Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies and other material within funding limitations. Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation, and that items are on hand in sufficient quantities and at the time required. In addition to established guides and formulas, determines quantities required and timely stock replenishment.
5. Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling. Ensures that received items are properly stored in assigned locations. Reviews requisitions for completeness and compliance with regulations, and revises quantities ordered based on number on hand. Recommends substitution when supply items are not available.
6. Searches for identifying or management data on items of supply. Compares data listed on documents with reference sources such as federal catalogs, stock lists, or other publications. Receives requests desiring additional identification data, verification, or comparison of data on hand with reference sources. Searches for stock number, prices, descriptions, sources of supply, or other management data. When unknown, traces part number or type number and manufacturer of the item of equipment.
7. Edits supply transactions or provides customer service for urgent critical shortage items and other items requiring special handling when established procedures are not applicable. Codes and classifies requisitions, shipping orders, and other documents, and extracts requests to other sources of supply or refers them to an inventory control point when stock is unavailable or cannot be shipped.
8. May assist a Surface Maintenance Mechanic by performing the less complex and more routine helper type duties. May perform maintenance tasks with repairers or mechanics by assisting in the accomplishment of duties. This may involve getting tools and supplies, carrying materials, and lifting and holding materials in place during operations. As directed by the repairer or mechanic, uses hand and powered tools of the trade to assist in the disassembly, assembly, and installation of simple component parts and units. Applies knowledge gained from previous work assignments. Detailed instructions are received from the higher graded Surface Maintenance Mechanic with each new assignment. Work is reviewed by the higher-level employee while in progress and upon completion. Cleans tools, parts, and equipment and keeps work areas clean and orderly.
--Performs other as duties as assigned.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess the experience or training which demonstrates the knowledge of trade; ability to apply identification skill (matching specific item name, models, and stock or part numbers with similar specific information at stock locations); ability to use simple hand tools (pliers, screwdrivers, etc) and to follow oral and written instructions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least Six (6) months of experience, education or training in verifying stock by opening, counting and visually checking the contents of the containers; in establishing stock location by considering such factors as use, size, shape and weight of items; in completing stock records by showing the names, quantities and location of stock; in identifying correct nomenclature and stock number of items in order to locate stock for issue; and in performing maintenance such as replacing wooden handles on handsaws, changing blades on power saws, and greasing or oiling power and hand tools.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & NOTES:
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
2. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
3. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
4. Irregular and/or overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies or may be required to work hours outside of the normal duty day.
5. The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
You must provide transcripts and/or other documentation as proof to support your Educational claims, and receive credit to meet the Education requirements for this position.
- Address LA ARNG CONSOLIDATED SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE SHOP
119 WEST RANGE ROAD
PINEVILLE, LA 71360
- Name: LANG HRO INBOX
- Phone: 504-278-8600
- Email: [email protected]