Job opening: ITSPEC (NETWORK/CUSTSPT)
Salary: $65 207 - 99 513 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ITSPEC (NETWORK/CUSTSPT), Position Description Number D2180P01 and is part of the CO 233D Space Group, National Guard.
This position is located in the Space Systems Maintenance Section of a Space Communications Unit, Space Group, in an Air National Guard Wing. Administers classified and unclassified local area network (LAN) clients, monitors ongoing operation of network systems to ensure hardware and software functions, and meets operational standards. Incumbent uses data, voice, and wireless principles to plan, test, and configure client systems, network, voice and personal wireless communications systems, to include specialized and unique platform IT systems. Provides real time monitoring of critical command and control mission related systems within Wing, GSU, and tenant organizations for information technology production control. Provides customer support, assistance, training, and orientation to Wing, GSU, and tenants. Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Maintains required information assurance certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996. Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Membership in the Colorado Air National Guard or eligible to transfer.
- Must hold the grade of E-1 thru E-5.
- Compatible Military Assignment: 1D7X1A, 1D731B or 1D7X1E AFSC or able to obtain it within one year of hire.
- Submit all required documentation.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: E-1 thru E-5
Compatible Military Assignments: 1D7X1A, 1D731B or 1D7X1E AFSC or able to obtain it within one year of hire
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 24 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following:
1. Experience in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system.
2. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment.
3. Experience scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with a view to production efficiency.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - For the GS-5 level, a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the experience requirements. At the GS-7 level, one full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. At the GS-9 level, a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree may be substituted. At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
- Address CO 233D Space Group
2605 E 8th St
Greeley, CO 80631
- Name: Jubal Wyatt
- Phone: (970) 378-5131
- Email: [email protected]