Job opening: AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE)
Salary: $27 - 32 per hour
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for an Aircraft Mechanic, Position Description Number D0483000 and is part of the Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF) of the Vermont Army National Guard.
This position is located in an Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF) with responsibility for the performance of the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair, and ground testing of assemblies, system, and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing.
(1) Perform inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on assigned aircraft to include pre-inspection, daily inspection, pre- and post-flight inspections and such special inspections as required, including fuel contamination checks, oil sampling, an inspection of onboard emergency equipment. Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
(2) Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft. Performs the full range of repair and testing of aircraft system, assemblies, and surfaces. Using a variety of methods involving test equipment, visual checks and instruments, diagnoses and identifies problem areas and determines the extent of repairs required. Removes components and assemblies, repairs or replaces defective parts and components and reassembles repaired items into the aircraft. Installs, aligns, and makes needed adjustments to major components and assemblies such as engines, propeller/rotors, transmissions, hydraulic systems, etc., assisting Specialists as required. Accomplishes adjustments to related systems which may be affected by repairs. Conducts ground functional tests of all aircraft systems. Services aircraft with oil, de-icing fluid, fuel, and hydraulic fluid. Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft; performs inspections prior to takeoff. Inspects for conditions such as oil, fuel, and hydraulic leak, cut lines, tires and loose panels.
(3) May be required to perform such additional duties as firefighting, aircraft crash/rescue, snow removal, etc.
(4) Perform other duties as assigned.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact 1-800-GO-GUARD or visit NATIONALGUARD.COM/VT prior to applying for this position.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance for this position.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
- Irregular and/or overtime (compensatory) hours may be required to support operational requirements or contingencies or may be required to work hours outside of the normal duty day.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Vermont Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact 1-800-GO-GUARD or visit NATIONALGUARD.COM/VT prior to applying for this position.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2,3, 4
Area I: All current On-board Permanent and Indefinite Dual Status 32 and Title 5 (Competitive and Excepted) Technicians (Tenure: 1-Career, 2-Conditional, 3-Indefinite) - Only those Vermont National Guard members who are in permanent or indefinite technician status as a result of being competitively hired within that National Guard component applying for a position within the component which they are currently employed.
Area II: All Members of the Vermont Army National Guard.
Area III: Currently assigned service members in other branches of the military outside of the VTNG, to include those assigned to Active Duty, Reserve or other state's National Guard.
Area IV: All individuals able to and willing to become members of the Vermont National Guard including prior service not currently assigned to a military component and non-prior service US civilians.
Military Grades: Enlisted Only
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE WG-10: Applicants must have 18 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
-The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Please be advised:
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicants RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy the specialized experience qualifications word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each statement.
There are no specific educational requirements for this position.
- Address Vermont Army National Guard Army Aviation Support Facility
141 Shamrock Road
South Burlington, VT 05403
- Name: Alejandra Caballero
- Phone: 802-338-3147
- Email: [email protected]