Job opening: Program Associate (Pre-Kindergarten) NF-03
Salary: $45 726 - 55 744 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Part-time
This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies throughout the program. Management has the right to assign staff to locations as mission requires.
This position is eligible for the NAF benefits package and leave accrual.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Serves as a Pre-Kindergarten Program Associate in the CYS Services Strong Beginnings Pre-K Program.
Motivates children to develop ?Kindergarten Etiquette? skills, knowledge and behaviors that build a strong foundation for school success such as taking turns, raising hands, walking in a line, etc.
Provides supervision, oversight, and accountability for children in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies, guidance, and standards.
Works with the School Liaison Officer and school officials to ensure a smooth and successful transition to Kindergarten.
Completes designated training requirements and tracks and records training on own Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position.
- Proof of education is required at the time of application.
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required.
- Successful completion of prescribed training (transition and/or annual) is required.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable suitability determination.
- Any individual who was required to register with selective service and who has not registered or knowingly and willingly did not register before the requirement terminated or become inapplicable to the individual will not be appointed.
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below.
- Meet Target-level requirements and satisfactory performance. - Possess eighteen (18) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Possess and maintain a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Military School-Age Credential.
Meet Entry -level requirements.
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth. - Possess AA degree with major emphasis in early childhood education or child development.
Meet Entry -level requirements.
- Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis in early childhood education, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or related behavioral sciences.
Experience working as a Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant, Child and Youth Program Technician, or Child and Youth Program Assistant (Target Level - 4) is highly preferred.
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
Please provide relevant transcripts to support your eligibility for the position.
- Address AG-NAF-W4QVAA US ARMY GARRISON ABERDEEN PRV GRND
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
- Name: CHRA NAF C2SC - Recruitment Branch
- Phone: 0000000000
- Email: [email protected]