Job opening: AIR CONDITIONING EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Salary: $30 - 36 per hour
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to install, repair, modify, and maintain large/complex systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning, and refrigeration functions to include heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filtering, and circulating air.
The employee repairs and maintains a variety of large commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and supporting equipment with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgment to locate malfunctions.
Plans, lays out, and installs a variety of large complex commercial and industrial systems and supporting equipment used to condition air in warehouses, shops, hangars, hospitals, and large office buildings.
Troubleshoots a variety of large commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and supporting equipment.
Performs routine preventive maintenance on air conditioning and refrigeration systems, units, and associated controls.
Uses and maintains tools and equipment.
Utilizes established safety practices, rules, regulations, and procedures to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Selectee is expected to be granted with and/or maintain the appropriate security clearance required for the position.
- Selectee may be required to serve a probationary or trial period.
- Relocation costs or other incentives may be available and considered by the organization.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This position may require drug testing and the candidate may be subject to passing a drug test upon selection.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays; Recall to duty may be a requirement of this position. Shift work may be required.
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required. The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The work will require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license will be required for this position.
- Position requires the ability to discern colors, contrast, and depth. Pre-employment, and reoccurring, physical examinations may be required.
- Position requires CFC/NCFC Certification (universal) as required by 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F., EPA.
- May be required to train and/or guide lower grade employees.
- Works indoors and outdoors, on elevated structures, cramped areas. Subject to discomfort from face masks or protective devices. Possible exposure to toxic refrigerants, noxious gases, fumes, acids. Subject possible to refrigerant burns.
- Works near moving parts of equipment and machinery, energized electrical circuits, sharp metal edges, loud noises, and toxic fumes, which could cause cuts, burns, and respiratory ailments. May be subject to sudden and frequent temperature changes.
- Prescribed safety practices and uses safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard-toe shoes. respirators, hard hats, and fire retardant gloves
- The employee lifts, carries, and handles equipment up to 50 pounds without assistance and over 50 pounds with assistance. Works from ladders, scaffolding platforms, or cramped areas where equipment, parts, and tools are hard to reach.
- Requires stooping, stretching, bending, kneeling, and working in tiring, uncomfortable positions for long periods. In addition, work involves frequent movement and maneuvering of large. heavy equipment using hoists. holders, and pulleys as required.
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-5300 Industrial Equipment Maintenance Family.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment Knowledge of Materials Troubleshooting
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Eglin AFB
310 W Van Matre Ave
Eglin AFB, FL 32542
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]