Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (T5)
Salary: $46 696 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (T5), Position Description Number T5515000 and is part of the AL HRO Staffing ARMY, National Guard.
LOCATION: HRO, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: Mr. J. CURRY
1. Processes a wide range of human resources transactions related to recruitment and placement, classification, employee relations, human resource development, and/or incentive awards.
2. Provides technical assistance in the area of recruitment and placement. Participates in the execution of the merit placement/promotion program. Advises and provides procedural and technical guidance to managers, supervisors, and applicants on recruitment and placement, qualification requirements, merit promotion procedures, transfers, eligibility determinations, methods of recruitment, and initial employment. Reviews and verifies information on requests for vacancies to determine the nature of the staffing action required and to ensure correctness. Conducts initial interviews and contacts applicants for dual status and Title 5 employment and furnishes information regarding vacancies and mandatory requirements for eligibility in the ARNG/ANG technician program.
3. Assists classification specialist by performing job audits and making classification determinations on a variety of clerical, and technical occupations (GS-07 and below) and Wage Grade occupations where standards clearly apply. Develops position descriptions for restructuring purposes, and prepares amendments and statements of differences. Interviews supervisors and employees and researches pertinent regulations to gain information relative to the position.
4. Provides technical assistance in executing the employee relations program. Provides specific advice and guidance to supervisors, managers and employees on a variety of employee relation's matters, to include resolving minor employee problems. Conducts fact-finding investigations, researches pertinent guidance to assist in problem resolution, and responds to inquiries regarding requirements of proposed actions.
5. Provides assistance to the Human Resources Development Specialist. Assists in planning and developing courses based on the needs of the organization and workforce. Advises employees and supervisors on available training, determining the appropriateness and effect of the proposed training career development or career enhancement. Recommends substitution of training. Identifies opportunities for training through a variety of sources and recommends for local training.
6. Serves as Executive Secretary for the employee recognition awards program.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- The incumbent of this position description must have, at a minimum, a completed National Agency Check (NAC) prior to position assignment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION. DOING SO MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POSITION.
Description of Work: Work in this series includes clerical and administrative support positions performing clerical, assistant, or technical work which requires knowledge of the procedures, established guidelines, and techniques involved in carrying out the work of the organization.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position with experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience must be 1-year equivalent to at least the next lower grade. Specialized experience is experience that prepared the applicant to perform the duties of the position. The applicant's educational-degree study program or military or civilian academic courses may substitute for some specialized experience. An applicant must demonstrate the specialized experience competencies (skills, knowledge, abilities and behaviors) to qualify for a position identified by its position grade and career level. Specialized experience may include human resources program's business competencies, familiarity with the subject matter or processes used in human resources programs associated with DoD, U.S. Army, or U.S. Air Force, or similar human resources experience.
--Practical knowledge of a wide range of recruitment and placement regulations, policies and procedures including the local merit placement plan, and an understanding of numerous GS and WG occupational qualification requirements to develop vacancy announcements and to analyze and evaluate individuals' basic eligibility for a variety of clerical, and lower graded technical, administrative, wage positions; and/or
--Practical knowledge of position classification rules, regulations, and procedures to provide classification assistance on a variety of clerical, technical, and wage positions, which have standard career patterns, using standards that clearly apply or that are used for cross-series comparison; and/or
--Practical knowledge of employee relations principles and practices and counseling techniques required to perform recurring types of technical work which contribute to morale, motivation or discipline of employees (to include the incentive awards program), and to resolve minor conflicts or problems with employees, supervisors, union officials; and/or
--Practical knowledge of employee development principles to present established course materials such as those covering administrative-related matters, to recommend changes in course curricula, updating course materials; and/or
--Practical knowledge of regulations covering Federal employee benefits.
--Skill in the use of an automated personnel system.
Generally, not applicable.
- Address AL HRO Staffing ARMY
1720 Congressman Dickinson Dr
Montgomery, AL 36109
- Name: James Curry
- Phone: 334-213-7588
- Email: [email protected]