Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (T32)
Salary: $46 696 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (T32), Position Description Number D1106000 and is part of the AL DCSPER JFHQ, National Guard.
LOCATION: DCSPER, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW3 A. TURNER
(1) Serves as a final reviewer of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, promotions, transfers, boards, promotion eligibility; retirement eligibility; and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status). Cases have major effects on career or service as they may result in unfavorable career separation or loss of status. Performs final review on file prior to review and action by a board, action officer, or others and insures that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review have been completed. Summarizes salient facts and issues; analyzes case information; outlines options; and recommends appropriate action. Insures that regulatory requirements related to the specific action are met. Identifies gaps or inconsistencies in the record and initiates action or interviews personnel to obtain needed data.
(2) Researches and obtains all necessary relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended. Drafts or prepares related correspondence for appropriate signature and enters data in automated systems, as needed. Retrieves data from information sources, both manual and electronic, for use in answering questions, responding to correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings. Insures completeness and proper forwarding of records to appropriate board. Provides advice and guidance to other personnel on actions in areas of expertise, as well as, advice, instructions, and interpretations, as needed, to lower echelons.
(3) Serves as the primary point of contact, coordinator, and advisor for questions regarding Military Funeral Honors and/or Casualty Assistance. Provides advisory services to family members of deceased military members (current and former) and serves as a liaison between the family and funeral directors and their assistants, Veterans Services Organizations, Veterans Affairs Offices, National Guard Bureau (NGB), Regional Casualty Assistance Coordinator (CAC), and other military services and/or members. Provides assistance to the family members by advising them of the deceased member's entitlements and provides information or assistance with filling out any required forms. Maintains files and libraries of current funeral/casualty material including policies, procedures, and guidance from Department of Defense (DoD), NGB, Regional CAC, and the Veterans Administration. Coordinates with the Regional CAC, Funeral Home, Honor Guard, supporting military unit, and each Casualty Assistance Officer/Casualty Notification Officer (CAO/CNO) to ensure all requests for funerals and casualty assistance are supported. Collects data from various sources for statistical purposes regarding Funeral Honors and Casualty Assistance, which may also be used to project budgetary requirements. Coordinates with NGB and Regional CAC for assistance and support in the conduct of training in the program.
(4) Performs other duties as assigned.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- COVID19: Please see, additional information.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military grade in the Alabama Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Alabama Army National Guard recruiter at 800-464-8273 prior to applying for this position.
Maximum Military Rank: SSG
*Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Description of Work: Work in this series includes clerical and administrative support positions performing clerical, assistant, or technical work which requires knowledge of the procedures, established guidelines, and techniques involved in carrying out the work of the organization.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position with experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 1 year equivalent to at least the next lower grade. Specialized experience is experience that prepared the applicant to perform the duties of the position. The applicant's educational-degree study program or military or civilian academic courses may substitute for some specialized experience. An applicant must demonstrate the specialized experience competencies (skills, knowledge, abilities and behaviors) to qualify for a position identified by its position grade and career level. Specialized experience may include human resources program's business competencies, familiarity with the subject matter or processes used in human resources programs associated with DoD, U.S. Army, or U.S. Air Force, or similar human resources experience.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
--A comprehensive knowledge of the majority of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area of assignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in the interpretation and application of regulatory and procedural requirements to complex cases.
--Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; ability to review organizational records, duty codes, medical, and educational regulations in order to analyze the information and determine the propriety of the action submitted and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
--Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information, to complete required case processing, and to explain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
--Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
--Ability to plan and organize work.
???????--Knowledge of military organizational structures, protocol, and similar matters.
Generally, not applicable.
- Address AL DCSPER JFHQ
1720 Congressman Dickinson Dr
Montgomery, AL 36109-0711
- Name: Mr. Anthony Turner
- Phone: 334-523-4393
- Email: [email protected]