Job opening: Supervisory Patent Examiner TC1700
Salary: $156 299 - 183 500 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Take your career to the next level by becoming one of USPTO's senior leaders within the Patents Corps! As a Supervisory Patent Examiner, imagine being responsible for fostering innovation and enabling the protection of intellectual property.
The challenges and opportunities of a dynamic agency makes leadership at the USPTO a rewarding career!
This role is the ideal next career step for you if:
- Applicants will only be accepted from United States Citizens and Nationals.
- Your resume and question responses must demonstrate the job-related competencies.
- You must meet the definition of specialized experience.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- If selected, you may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
- Time-in-grade/band requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Suitable for Federal Employment
You must meet the following United States Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) qualification requirements for the advertised position. OPM's prescribed Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions can be found at: Group Coverage Qualifications Standards for Professional and Scientific Positions and the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for GS-1224, Patent Examining Series: General Schedule Qualification Standards. You must meet all qualification requirements including time-in-grade (refer to 5 CFR 300.604 for more information on time-in-grade) by the closing date of the job announcement.
Specialized Experience:is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. For this position, the next lower grade level is a GS-14. Specialized experience is defined as having experience searching and/or examining patent applications involving one or more of the following art areas: biotechnology, biomedical, pharmaceutical, materials engineering, mechanical, business methods, electrical, computer, physics or chemical technologies.
Selective Placement Factor: Must have full signatory authority.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education may not be substituted for specialized experience at this grade level.
- Address PATS - Tech Center 1700
Office of Human Resources
Mail Stop 171
P.O. Box 1450
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450
- Name: Anne Weber
- Phone: 571-270-3776
- Email: [email protected]