Job opening: Supply Systems Analyst
Salary: $71 936 - 93 514 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
See below for important information regarding this job.
Applies expert analytical, fact-finding, and problem-solving methods/techniques to identify program problems, draw conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions -
-and provide solutions to improve program efficiency and effectiveness to senior DLA and military leadership.
Develops new procedures and revise existing procedures for new/existing systems.
Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates implementation of accepted proposals for improving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics-
and other Maritime industrial site performance critical data to ensure the Maritime industrial site is meeting its performance targets and identifies trends and other factors adversely affecting performance.
Performs special assignments such as metrics analysis, studies and reports and provides technical guidance on automated systems to resolve difficult and unprecedented functional and supply systems problems.
Maintains effective working relationships with military and civilian employees, high level management, and supervisory personnel.
Provides operational support to DLA Maritime Industrial site and its efforts to repair Navy surface ships and submarines through the various programs.
Conducts, coordinates, or directs management studies and surveys of the command?s organization components, functions, procedures, equipment, and facilities, including data collection and analysis.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Monday-Friday; 0630-1500
- Security Requirements: Non Critical Sensitive with Confidential Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- You will be a Mission Essential employee. This requires you to work during an emergency to ensure continuation of essential functions. You may be required to work at the designated duty location, a telework site, or an alternate location/facility.
To qualify for a Supply Systems Analyst, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To qualify at the GS-11 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Conducting studies and providing analytical data for long range requirements to improve supply procedures and facilities.
- Reviewing and monitoring supply material support programs.
- Evaluating current work processes and procedures in order to develop new and improved work methods and guidelines.
- Preparing and responding to requests for information from external audits, inspections, or other inquiries that pertain to shipyard functions and operations.
- Applying and interpreting policy and regulations as it relates to the material management process.
- Conducting classroom and on-the-job training for other supply personnel on supply systems and processes as needed.
B. Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess: a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or, three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. if related.
C. Combination: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for grade levels GS-11, and may be computed by first determining the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. Only
graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grade GS-11.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Are you using your education to qualify? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Address DLA Land and Maritime
3990 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43218
- Name: DLA Land and Maritime POC
- Phone: (614) 692-0313
- Email: [email protected]