Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (T5)
Salary: $46 696 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (T5), Position Description Number T5808400 and is part of the AL DCSPER JFHQ, National Guard.
LOCATION: DCSPER, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW3 A. TURNER
1. Serves as a final reviewer and/or processor of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, discharges/separations, promotions, awards, reductions, transfers, boards, Non-Commissioned Officer Evaluation Reports (NCOERs), Office Evaluation Reports (OERs), promotion eligibility, Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), discharges, waivers, award/withdraw, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), retirement eligibility, iPERMS, RCAS, eMILPO, SIDPERS, DJMS, DMDC, CAC Automation,TAPDB-G, DSRO, and any additional or emerging systems that support personnel management and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: Allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status).
2. Researches and obtains all necessary, relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended. Drafts or prepares related correspondence for appropriate signature and enters data in automated systems, as needed. Retrieves data from information sources, both manual and electronic, for use in answering questions, responding to correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings. Prepares General Officer nomination packet. Ensures completeness and proper forwarding of records to appropriate board. Processes Officer over strength/additional Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) authorizations.
3. If serving as the primary assistant to the Military Funeral Honors or Casualty Assistance programs then you serve as the primary point of contact, coordinator, and advisor for questions regarding Military Funeral Honors and/or Casualty Assistance. Provides advisory services to family members of deceased military members (current and former) and serves as a liaison between the family and funeral directors and their assistants, Veterans Services Organizations, Veterans Affairs Offices, National Guard Bureau (NGB), Regional Casualty Assistance Coordinator (CAC), and other military services and/or members. Provides assistance to the family members by advising them of the deceased member's entitlements and provides information or assistance with filling out any required forms.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Description of Work: Work in this series includes clerical and administrative support positions performing clerical, assistant, or technical work which requires knowledge of the procedures, established guidelines, and techniques involved in carrying out the work of the organization.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position with experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 1 year equivalent to at least the next lower grade. Specialized experience is experience that prepared the applicant to perform the duties of the position. The applicant's educational-degree study program or military or civilian academic courses may substitute for some specialized experience. An applicant must demonstrate the specialized experience competencies (skills, knowledge, abilities and behaviors) to qualify for a position identified by its position grade and career level. Specialized experience may include human resources program's business competencies, familiarity with the subject matter or processes used in human resources programs associated with DoD, U.S. Army, or U.S. Air Force, or similar human resources experience.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
--Comprehensive knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area of assignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in the interpretation and application of regulatory and procedural requirements to complex cases.
--Knowledge of computer databases, personnel management systems and pay management systems. Proficiency in analytical math and have effective oral and written communication skills with a customer service support base.
--Ability to provide and perform a segment of the human resource actions which requires knowledge of processing a variety of unique official personnel tasks.
--Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; ability to review organizational records, duty codes, medical, and educational regulations in order to analyze the information and determine the propriety of the action submitted and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
--Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information, to complete required case processing, and to explain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
--Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
--Ability to plan and organize work.
--Knowledge of military organizational structures, protocol, and similar matters.
Generally, not applicable
- Address AL DCSPER JFHQ
1720 Congressman Dickinson Dr
Montgomery, AL 36109-0711
- Name: Mr. Anthony Turner
- Phone: 334-523-4393
- Email: [email protected]