Job opening: Store Worker
Salary: $20 - 23 per hour
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of your application package. We encourage you to read the entire announcement before starting the application process. Qualifications and requirements must be met by the announcement closing date.
This recruitment is subject to restrictions of the DoD referral system for displaced employees.
Additional positions may be filled from this announcement up to 90 days after it closes.
Serves as the Store Worker in a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) location. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of store worker duties involved in the handling, marking, preparing, and maintaining of stock levels of grocery items. Usually works in an assigned department within the store (e.g., grocery, produce, meat, etc.), but may also perform rotational assignments within all departments.
Position responsibilities include:
Maintains adequate stock of resale items.
Identifies any obvious spoilage, damage, and out-of-date merchandise.
Receives, supplies, equipment and resale items.
Operates a computer system that calculates and marks prices, and determines weights of merchandise.
Transports items to shelving and display areas.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
- Must meet minimum age requirement. See the Additional Information section for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System by the announcement closing date or exempt from registration.
- May be subject to successful E-Verify check. See more information at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- May be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, based on a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility based on an appropriate background investigation.
- May be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- May be subject to one year supervisory probationary period.
- Direct Deposit of pay required.
- Physical Requirements: (1) Work requires continuous walking, standing, bending, stooping, stretching and reaching. (2) Frequently lifts or moves heavy boxes or crates weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
- If you are selected for this position you may be asked to submit the OF-306 declaration for Federal Employment.
By the announcement closing date, your resume and supporting documents must show that you meet the qualifications. Per the OPM Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, how you gained the skill and/or knowledge or the length of time you have spent in this line of work is not as important as what you can do and that you have the required ability or potential to successfully perform the duties of this position. Your resume should show your specific knowledge, skill, and abilities for this position in relation to each of the elements being measured. See the How You Will Be Evaluated section of this announcement for the job elements and the Required Documents section for information regarding resume requirements.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Examples of qualifying experience:
Ensuring the proper care and handling of resale grocery items.
Locating items for customers.
Rotating stock, stacking containers and participating in inventories.
Operating a computer system to calculate prices and label merchandise.
Arranging stock on shelves and in displays.
By the announcement closing date current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens."
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain your name, a description of your duties, the number of hours worked per week and the beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each position. Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
You may not use education to qualify.
- Address Defense Commissary Agency West
1300 E Avenue
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 23801-1800
- Name: DECA WEST Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-7831
- Email: [email protected]