Job opening: IT Specialist (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC)
Salary: $132 368 - 172 075 per year
Published at: Aug 10 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located within the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Management (OM), Information Technology (IT) Division. As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC), you will serve as a senior principal systems administrator and a technical authority and is responsible for installing, configuring, managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and resolving end-user issues.
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC), you will:
Develop, interpret, and apply cybersecurity policies, principles, procedures, and best practices in the administration of IT systems and services throughout the system's life cycle.
Serve as the Senior System Administrator technical authority and subject matter expert for OIG IT business processes.
Evaluate the technical and functional impact of the introduction of new products and techniques and advises on their supportability and capabilities.
Establish and direct focus on challenging and highly complex projects/programs.
Identify and resolve highly complex problems that cross organizational boundaries and promulgates solutions.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes serving as a systems administrator for installing, configuring, maintaining and resolving end-user issues using virtual networks in a cloud environment.
Examples of such experience may include:
- Leading projects related to IT systems and how they are administered both on premise and cloud based; OR
- Ensures the capability and security of network services programs in order to respond to new and changing requirements; OR
-Recommend strategies and/or policies to govern implementation of network, security, and reliability procedures; OR
-Implement, manage, and monitor governance, storage, compute and virtual networks in a cloud environment.
In addition to specialized experience, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Office of Management
Administrative Resource Center
Parkersburg, WV 26101
- Name: Applicant Call Center
- Phone: 304-480-7300
- Email: [email protected]