Job opening: OFFICE AUTOMATION ASSISTANT
Salary: $42 491 - 55 244 per year
Published at: Aug 10 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to use multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of miscellaneous clerical support.
Establish, file, maintain, purge, and dispose of office records/files in accordance with regulations and procedures.
Use word processing software to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print forms, memorandum, and letters and lengthy reports.
Use existing database or spreadsheet software to create, enter, revise, sort or calculate, and retrieve data for reports; and use graphics software to provide graphs and charts for reports and presentations.
Compose nontechnical correspondence, such as instructions on office procedures, requests for information, and letters of acknowledgment or notification.
Answer nontechnical requests for information such as status of reports, suspense dates for matters requiring compliance, and similar information readily available from files or from knowledge of the organization.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- A security clearance may be required
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical and keep current on all immunization.
- This position has been identified as having "regular contact with children". IAW Public Law IOl-647 Section 231, and Public Law 102-190, Section 1094.
- A FBI fingerprint and State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) Check will be completed on any person selected for this position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or equivalent pay systems. Specialized experience is experience which includes using clerical practices such as opening, distributing mail, maintaining filing systems; using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, proper format to prepare and edit documents and using basic word processing functions to produce a variety of standardized documents such as letters and memos.
EDUCATION: Successfully completed four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100 percent. To combine education and experience, determine the total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then determine the education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level. Finally, add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPT.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents, such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of format, rules, procedures and operations applicable to clerical assignments to prepare/review routine correspondence/reports, screen telephone calls and visitors, maintain files/records, review and process mail, and perform clerical procedures to arrange a variety of material from different sources and other administrative work of organization.
4. Ability to locate, assemble, and compose information for routine reports, inquiries, and nontechnical correspondence.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here
to check accreditation.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Address JB Elmendorf-Richardson
8517 20th Street
JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK 99506
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]