Job opening: MISSILE DEFENSE TEST ENGINEER
Salary: $84 686 - 130 911 per year
Published at: Aug 09 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
To submit your resume for this Direct Hire opportunity click here.
For additional information on other USSF direct hire opportunities visit the Air Force Civilian Careers Space Force website and follow USSF on LinkedIn.
The United States Space Force (USSF) Space Training and Readiness Command (STARCOM) at Schriever Space Force Base, 17th Test and Evaluation Squadron is searching for a Missile Defense Test Engineer (NH-0801-03).
- Required to handle and safeguard sensitive and/or classified information in accordance with regulations to reduce potential compromise.
- Employee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret w/SCI clearance.
- Employee needs to obtain and maintain approval to access the portfolio of Special Access Programs required to perform daily duties.
- May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of TDY assignments.
- May be required to work overtime on an unscheduled or emergency basis.
- A professional engineering degree at the bachelor?s level from an ABET accredited institution in (specific discipline of position) or a closely related field is required.
- This position is not eligible for remote or telework due to classified work interaction with leadership and test team.
- PCS will not be paid and incentives may be paid prior to the end of the fiscal year and may or may not be paid after the fiscal year.
This position is covered by the OPM Individual Occupational Requirements for General Engineering series 0801 and Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions and can be found here.
Basic Educational Requirements
Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
- Address USSF - Space Systems Command
1670 Space Force Pentagon
Washington, DC 20330
- Name: US Space Force Enterprise Talent Management
- Email: [email protected]