Job opening: CRANE OPERATOR
Salary: $34 - 40 per hour
Published at: Jul 10 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a CRANE OPERATOR in the Ordnance and Mines Division within the Undersea Weapons Department of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV KEYPORT WA.
You will operate cranes at all boom lengths, angles and positions.
You will make rapid lifting capacity judgments during continual position changes.
You will operate at or near the crane's lifting capacity and within extremely congested areas.
You will produce exact movements while precision setting loads onto or into other objects, e.g. loading and handling various ordnance.
You will operate the crane's controls, making difficult clearance judgments while watching the moving load and boom and compensating for variations in the crane's lifting capacity during position degree of visual and physical coordination.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain eligibility for the current Qualification/Certification program for explosives handling.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV KEYPORT WA
610 Dowell Street
Keyport, WA 98345
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]