Job opening: HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Salary: $31 - 36 per hour
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, Position Description Number T58255000 and is part of the CO 140 LRS, National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall operations of a small shop.
Serves as a Small Shop Chief performing all of the following tasks:
(a) Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the individual and lower graded worker(s).
(b) Possesses the knowledge and skills found at the journeyman level as well as those required for planning, accomplishing, and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program.
(c) Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished. Estimates manpower, equipment and material requirements.
(d) Devises and maintains all program plans and records, is skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques, and is able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance.
(e) Plans, organizes, and directs shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision.
(f) Determines approaches, methods, and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
(g) May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
Performs the same type and level of work as performed within the unit. Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Submit all required documentation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- Must have a CLASS A CDL license.
1. Experience and knowledge will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each experience listed below.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the experience.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include your knowledge or experience in your resume.
Must have at least 18 months experience in each of the following:
1.Experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems.
2. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
3. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems.
4. Experience in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on heavy mobile vehicles, equipment and systems.
Education cannot be substituted for Specialized Experience for this position.
- Address CO 140 LRS
18841 E Crested Butte Ave
Aurora, CO 80011
- Name: Lesley Anne Esworthy-Jones
- Phone: 720-847-9502
- Email: [email protected]