Job opening: OPERATIONS & TRAINING SPECIALIST
Salary: $57 118 - 74 250 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This National Guard position is for a OPERATIONS & TRAINING SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D0607000 and is part of Training Center Command, Det 1, Hastings, Nebraska Army National Guard.
As a OPERATIONS & TRAINING SPECIALIST, GS-0301-9, duties include:
(1) Formulates long and short range plans for the development of range facilities and the training areas. Develops input for the five year installation development plan, to include justifications for construction, programing documents, maps, overlays, and sketches. Develops program documents for funding standard target systems and remote engagement target systems identified for use on range facilities programmed in the five year range development plan. Develops other associated programs of construction and budget estimates. Evaluates the size of the facilities to allow for projected use, troop density, and to facilitate types of training required.
(2) Oversees and directs the work of one or two subordinates assigned to the Operations and Training Division. Assists in development of performance standards, goals; and objectives for subordinate workers. Provides recommendations for incentive awards and training of subordinate workers. Provides technical guidance to lower graded workers. Promotes acceptance and adherence of programs such as Equal Employment Opportunity, Federal Women's Program, Physically Handicapped, Labor Management Relations and other special emphasis programs.
(3) Coordinates with user or, organizations for use of training facilities. Reviews and approves schedules to insure maximum training opportunities. Coordinates with using organizations to assist in obtaining support if not available at training site, with units having requested support capabilities.
(4) Prepares budget requirements for submission to support manday. Training, schools and travel for the Operations and Training Division.
(5) Conducts surveys of users to assess adequacy of existing facilities to meet training requirements, and reviews the installation five year plan to ensure it meets existing and future requirements.
(6) Reviews plans, specifications, architectural and engineering documents for range facilities to assure conformity with doctrine and for compliance with DA range safety criteria.
(7) Reviews plans for army aviation, airborne, and NBC Training conducted at the training site to assure compliance with established safety and local operational procedures: When required, recommends alternatives to best meet training objectives within safety parameters.
(8) Develops installation policies and regulations governing range safety, training, medical evacuation and other emergency procedures. Reviews and updates these documents when required. Advises tenant organizations of pertinent training site policy and requirements.
(9) Based on projected availability of the latest simulation devices, determines and recommends suitable facilities for use as simulation centers. Coordinates, with the supervisor, plans and specifications for the modification of existing or the construction of new facilities for simulation centers.
(10) Formulates policies and procedures for the control of classified material, restricted areas and communications security. Monitors the status of personnel security clearance requests and investigations. Develops intelligence, counter-intelligence, and operational security plans for the training site. Serves as the authority at the training site regarding classified material and security.
(11) Develops standing operating procedures (SOP).
(12) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Military membership in the Nebraska National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Obtain/maintain the level of security clearance/background check required
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory
- Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1 and 2
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Nebraska Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: Maximum: O2/CW3/E8; Minimum: O1/WO1/E5;Military Grade inversion within the full time work forces is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised.
Compatibility will be followed in accordance with 32 USC 709(b) and 10 USC 10216
Compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position. Selectee has 24 months to become qualified in a compatible military assignment.
Security Clearance/Background Check requirements:
In order to comply with US DOD requirements and ensure the safety and security of the missions, programs, property and personnel of the Nebraska Military Department, employees must obtain the appropriate background investigation and maintain the level of security clearance assigned to their respective work.
Failure to obtain, within one year of appointment, and maintain the designated type of security clearance/background check required for the respective work may result in a job offer being rescinded, separations of employment, or other actions as may be deemed in the best interest of the agency.
Prior to appointment individuals must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms: SF86, PSIP Initiation Form, Fingerprints, OF306 and Application/Resume.
Nebraska National Guard Personnel Security Manager - [email protected]
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles or organization, management and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-9: Must have at least 24 months specialized experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memorandums, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Applicant must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or comparable work of the position to be filled. Applicant must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administration procedures and practices or management. Experience developing administrative procedures. Progressively responsible experience which demonstrates the ability to provide technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Experience in the performance of any clerical or office type duties.
There is no substitution of education for this position.
- Address NE TNG SITE Greenlief
6700 East J Street
Hastings, NE 68901
- Name: Jon Sronce
- Phone: 402-309-8173
- Email: [email protected]