Job opening: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Salary: $132 368 - 172 075 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS in the G 3/5 of MARCORPS NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION.
You will coordinate staff actions and taskings to include identifying high priority operational requirements and supporting preparation and review of operational plans.
You will direct work to accomplish missions by developing objectives and directing subordinate staff priorities and providing guidance to accomplish new tasks.
You will provide technical expertise in the development of short, mid, and long-range plans and objectives.
You will negotiate with other key officials of organizations to obtain acceptance of proposals and recommendations that may often be viewed as controversial.
You will manage organizational changes and exercising discretionary authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds, facilities, and equipment.
You will coordinate and provide supervision for the conduct of comprehensive management studies, developing study objectives and plan of action and milestones.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET (SCI) security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Oversees the duties and activities in planning, organizing, and managing technical and administrative functions of the operations division; analyze and interpret directives to improve specific methodical needs of the organization; develops detailed technical reports and recommendations for trends, problems, and accomplishments: approve distribution of funds in the division budget; and participate in a diverse audience at higher level echelon briefs, conferences and meetings.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address MARCORPS NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
Marine Corps National Capital Region
Arlington, VA 20004
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]