Job opening: Interdisciplinary
Salary: $119 000 - 181 966 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at the U.S. Army Evaluation Center, Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Evaluation Directorate, with a duty location of Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado.
The U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command has various incentives that may be available for highly qualified candidates. These include Recruitment Incentives, Relocation Incentives, Student Loan Repayment, Credit for Leave Accrual, and Permanent Change of Station Allowance.
Modeling and Simulation subject matter expert for Missile Defense systems and Space Systems. Serves as an Evaluator, functional expert, and technical authority on Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Directorate (BMDED).
Plans, directs and coordinates the evaluation and accreditation of Missile Defense and Space System Modeling and Simulation for the work unit comprised of Army, Navy and Space Force personnel. Integrates inputs to the evaluation reports and products.
Provides technical direction for accrediting models of the Missile Defense and Space Systems. Responsible for independent operational tests and assessments, identification of test requirements, and test design.
Reviews accreditation plans and reports to ensure accreditation authority can make an informed decision. Responsible for all scientific and technical matters associated with analysis and accreditation of Modeling and Simulation.
Supports the Division Chief to conduct programmatic review and ensures regulatory compliance in the design of Modeling Simulation strategies and schedules.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) and is subject to applicant testing and random drug testing in accordance with DA guidelines.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278e) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for Test and Evaluation Certification within 60 months of entrance on duty.
- This position is subject to a Temporary Duty or business travel requirement of 25% or less of the time.
- A one-year trial/probationary period may be required.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleReinstatementVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Education Requirement for Engineering - 0800 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); OR (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or licensure - Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test - Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses - Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program.
4. Related Curriculum - Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. (You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts along with a letter of reference stating that you have at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. The letter must be signed by the engineer who provided the professional engineer supervision. It must also include their name, phone number, and list their engineer credentials such as engineer education or professional certificates).
Basic Education Requirement for Physical Scientist - 1301 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: Education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Basic Education Requirement for Operations Research - 1515 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in operations research; or a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
In addition to meeting one of the basic educational requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Providing technical direction on Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) or Missile Defense System (MDS) test and evaluation requirements and/or plans; and 2) Developing test and evaluation plans and/or procedures; and 3) Supporting test and evaluation efforts.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03 or GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required specialized experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using specialized experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Oral CommunicationPlanning and EvaluatingProject ManagementTechnical CompetenceTechnology Application
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address AG-APF-W3U602 BMDS HUNTSVILLE
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk