Job opening: AIRCRAFT OVERHAUL SUPERVISOR
Salary: $111 091 - 129 561 per year
Published at: Jul 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to exercise technical and administrative supervision over subordinate supervisors and workers in accomplishing trades and labor work of the Fabrication Flight.
- Performs work planning responsibilities.
- Performs work direction responsibilities.
-Performs administration responsibilities.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a S ECRET clearance.
- Subject to travel by military or commercial aircraft while on temporary duty at off-base sites.
- May be required to work overtime as necessitated by mission requirements.
- This is a KEY position as defined by AF 36-507. Incumbents must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
- Serves as IMPAC holder and/or authorization official.
- IAW DoD I 3020.42, the position has been locally designated as Mission Essential (ME); needed to ensure the
continued operation of mission essential functions of the activity.
- Mission Essential personnel may be required to report for duty at normal times when the base is closed or delayed reporting and remain on duty during phased or early release.
- This is a testing designated position (TDP). The employee is subject to random drug testing.
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WS-8800 Aircraft Overhaul Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the work of an AIRCRAFT OVERHAUL SUPERVISOR without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes, and techniques of trade(s) and/or craft(s) supervised. Specifically, knowledge of Aircraft Structural Maintenance, Metals Technology, Survival Equipment, and Non-Destructive Inspection; knowledge of the associated tools and equipment of those trades and specialties; and knowledge of technical practices associated with aircraft, munitions, and support equipment.
2. Knowledge of aircraft, munitions, armament, fabrication, and aerospace ground equipment maintenance operations. Ability to interpret instructions, technical data, engineering drawings, and schematics.
3. Knowledge of military and civilian personnel management policies, practices, and procedures, including sexual harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity/ Equal Employment Treatment.
4. Knowledge of Air Force administrative practices. Knowledge of Operations and Contingency plans, War Reserve Materiel program, Host Tenant Support Agreements, Memorandum of Agreements, and Site Activation Task Forces.
5. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures, specifically including OSHA, AFOSH, and environmental program requirements.
6. Knowledge of real property programs and ability to effect change. Ability to plan and organize work to include determining resources (budget and manning) required to accomplish mission. Ability to manage and lead overall direction and coordination of a large multi-skilled workforce, and functions and implement sound personnel policies, practices, and procedures through subordinate supervisors.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address JB Elmendorf-Richardson
8517 20th Street
JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK 99506
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]