About The Role
The Staff BMC Firmware Engineer is responsible for developing platform BMC, reference code, and related documentation for ZT Cloud Servers. Work closely with design teams and be responsible for all software and BMC related issues during the planning, development, and validation stages of the program.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, code, and debug BMC\Firmware by applying knowledge of server hardware architecture and system design.
- Review and provide strong feedback on firmware and software architecture specifications and design specifications.
- Layout and establish design documents with the engineering team
- Study computer motherboard and BMC system specifications and configuration requirements to plan and develop reliability and compatibility
- Plan and execute reference code and collateral
- Participate in key product development and technical teams
- Participate in new platform power-on events
- Engage various cross-team validation organizations.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 6+ years of experience in BMC development including user interface development or presentation layer development
- Knowledge of server hardware interfaces and Industry specifications such as SMBus/I2C, PCIe, ACPI, DDR, IPMI, 10G/1G Ethernet, SATA, SPI, I2C
- Understanding of processor and Enterprise system-level architectures
- Extensive hardware skills: Enterprise platform, BMC, Drivers, IO technologies
- X-86 CPUs, memory controllers, IO Hubs, and PC architecture
- Working knowledge of BIOS functions as it relates to BMC
- Board level diagnostic tools/utilities
- Demonstrated C coding and X-86 Assembly language skills
- Knowledge of internal operations of Operating Systems and its interaction with BMC functions
- Experience with OpenBMC and/or Redfish technology preferred
About ZT Systems
At ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed, we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
What We Offer
When you join ZT, you’ll enjoy a range of world-class, inclusive employee benefits designed to grow with you and our company. From competitive compensation to 401K matching to comprehensive health & wellness programs and tuition reimbursement, ZT Systems offers industry leading benefits packages for eligible employees designed to help you get the most out of life.
ZT Group Int’l. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ZT Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.